Express Chocolate Pudding Recipe + Valentine Coffee Coaster Pattern

by - Sunday, January 29, 2012




I'm not jell-o. I'm not crème brûlée. I'm chocolate pudding. :)

Hehe, remember the romantic comedy My Best Friend's Wedding? I think I've watched it a bazillion times I could recite the dialogues in my sleep.

Back to the topic of this post which is chocolate pudding. I rhapsodize over the virtues of this snack.  It's as comforting as a big bowl of mac and cheese,  instant ramen, (insert fave comfort food here) or a big slice of chocolate cake. This particular recipe only takes 10 minutes to make and it's so yummy you can slide off the couch or temporarily forget your name. This recipe is a keeper. It's love. 

Express Chocolate Pudding

1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp cornstarch
2 cups skim/low-fat milk
A pinch of decaf coffee powder
2 Tbsp vanilla extract

1. In a microwave safe bowl, combine all dry ingredients and blend together  with balloon whisk.

2. Add milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until dry ingredients have completely dissolved.

3. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and whisk for one minute.  Microwave again for 3 minutes and stir to dissolve lumps. Continue to microwave for 1-2 minutes (alternately stirring to dissolve lumps) until the pudding reaches a thick, jell-o like consistency. Remove from the microwave oven and let cool.

3. Enjoy! Buon appetito!

Bonus:

If you plan to serve this wonderful treat to a loved one, make sure you present it in heartwarming style. Make a heart shaped/valentine coaster using the template I made. I made mine using dotted red cotton fabric ala Cath Kidston.

Embellish your coffee coaster with a cute fabric cotton tape like the ones from Lillalotta shop on ETSY.

Have a merry, little weekend!


You May Also Like

1 comments

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER