Sunday, September 18, 2016
Saturday, July 16, 2016
Friday, July 1, 2016
Thursday, March 24, 2016
Sunday, March 20, 2016
I forgot to post this recipe last February. These Nutella filled heart tartlets are nothing but scrumptious. I hope you'll enjoy making them as much as I did.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- yolks from two large eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread (i.e. Nutella)
1. Pulse flour, sugar and salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter and pulse until it resembles wet sand. Add one yolk and 1/4 cup milk; mix until dough comes together into a ball. Flatten into a disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Roll out dough until 1/2 inch thick. Using two 2-inch heart shaped cutters, cut out hearts. Place on lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 380F.
4. Combine remaining yolk and milk. Lightly brush half of the hearts with egg wash . Spread 1/4 tsp teaspoon chocolate hazelnut spread on top leaving a 1/2 inch border. Top with remaining hearts. Crimp edges to fill sealing well. Poke holes at the center using a fork. Place on lined baking sheets. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a rack.
Adapted from Yummy Magazine